Monday, March 23, 2009

SXSW Austin and random video finds.

Well while we were running around west Texas playing beer joints trying to scrape a spring break crowd in college ghost towns, there was something rumbling down south. South By Southwest was last week in Austin and thousands flocked to the hundreds of live shows, parties, and magical randomosity that only Austin can provide. Bored as I was, I got on Youtube and the blogosphere to see what all I missed. Here's a few videos I stumbled across that I liked for one reason or another.





Playing For Change



Metallica's "secret show"



Explosions In The Sky



A Guy With A Camera Standing On 6'th St.



Street band called Baskery



Jimmy Lafave


...........and on and on and on and on. I've caught SXSW once and it was a great experience. Hopefully sometime soon I can find myself that way again. For everyone that made it down (or up) to Austin this last week sorry for your hangover, but I don't feel bad for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

radiofreetexas.org

http://www.radiofreetexas.org